Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sweet Naughtiness


naughty bed
Originally uploaded by Wild Cakes

boudoir scene cake
Originally uploaded by Wild Cakes
Perhaps my favourite cakes are the ones that tell a story... that have a sense of humour... that have new details to notice every time you look at them.


I am also partial to the naughty cakes for the simple reason that my kitchen is in the basement of a parish hall, and there is a delicious frisson at having to hide the evidence of my work when the church ladies come down to say hello. (not to say that my naughty cakes are a big secret; it was discussed before I started working there, but not everyone shares my sense of humour!)

In any case... this week I had the opportunity to replicate a design I did a couple of years ago for my sister-in-law's stag and doe.

There is nothing actually shown on this cake that would make it X-rated, yet the design is two of the naughtiest cakes I have done. The new version of this cake includes a police hat (groom-to-be is a cop) and a naughty-nurse's uniform (yep, bride-to-be is a nurse)

3 comments: