Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

class with Mike McCarey!


I have just come back from a 2-day structures class with Mike McCarey (Mike's Amazing Cakes)

and WOW!!! The class was AMAZING!! Mike (and his assistant Mike) were so friendly and approachable, energetic and just soooo much fun to be around!! The amount of knowledge Mike shares in 2 short days is phenomenal!

If you have seen him in TV, you may remember his Sesame Street Big Bird cake... well we did a half-size version of it! (yes, that is MY cake at the top of this post!)

So, without further ado... BIG BIRD ON PARADE!




4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love all the big bird cakes! I wish i knew how to do that! Well done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a stork cake and i'm trying to figure out how to do the feathers. Can you tell me how to add the feathers without them looking bulky??
    please email me at kelly.mager@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to sign up for one of Mike's classes, but I can't seem to find anything on his site about upcoming dates - any idea of how to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. to find out about mikes classes just go onto his website, mikesamazingcakes.com and then sign up for his mailing list. They will shoot you emails about when there is a class coming up. They are all over the country so you can chose which one you can attend.

    ReplyDelete