Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh wow...

It's been a while since I have written anything here! So much has happened in the last few months!
We had a complete re-design of the web site http://www.wildcakes.ca/ and we couldn't be happier!!
We have a winner of our Geeky Cake contest and will actually be meeting with her in person in August! (THOSE cake photos to come with another post.)

As for THIS post... I thought I reward your patience with a few sculpted cakes...


First off we have one of the longest cakes we have done to date... a nearly 4 foot long moose (yes, he was half chocolate!) for a retiring game warden. I named him Murray the Moose.


Murray is submerged in a poured sugar lake with rice paper bullrushes.


Completed the same weekend was a typewriter made to replicate the graduate's old manual typewriter and to celebrate her graduation from Laurier.

I have to thank my fabulous associate Michelle from Tierful Designs for her help with this cake!

And finally to wind up today's cakes... a birthday moneybag for a lad who appreciates the finer things in life...



Next week... wedding cakes!!






1 comment:

  1. Tus tartas son sencillamente geniales, me encantan! Murray es fantástico, pero la máquina de escribir me ha enamorado... cuántas horas has tardado en hacerla?
    Visito frecuentemente tu página web y confieso que me tiene "enganchada", todas tus tartas son maravillosas.
    Me encanta la idea del blog, es mucho más interactivo.
    Enhorabuena por tu trabajo, merecería estar en una exposición en los mejores museos!

    ReplyDelete